Kansas City’s Health, Wellness and Fitness Destination
Woodside is a comprehensive health, athletic and social club, and a community that cares for the whole person. We offer the most and best in health and wellness services. From group fitness, personal training, tennis and a day spa, to beautiful pools, modern spaces and social events; Woodside gives you all the tools to guide your health and fitness journey.
Our staff is second to none, and we’re proud to offer an unparalleled experience by bringing together over 40 years of experience with industry leading products and services, catered to your unique needs and goals.
“We’re proud to be your club, and we’ve built a team of the most passionate and dedicated employees – who are the best at what the they do in this City – and who wake up each day ready to help you reach your goals.”
– Katie Swetala, Woodside General Manager
Woodside members get access to:
- Multiple fitness floors for free-weight, machine or no-weight workouts
- 120+ weekly group fitness classes spanning strength and conditioning, cardio, yoga and pilates, cycling and more
- Full-service day spa offering massage therapy, facials and skin care and body treatments
- Indoor pool area with heated pool, hot tub, cold plunge and wet and dry saunas
- Full-service outdoor adult-only and family-friendly pools
- Poolside live music during summertime
- Robust club social calendar across fitness, education, food and drink, tennis and the spa
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts, plus a team of tennis pros who lead clinics, lessons and leagues
- Full-time team of personal trainers who are educated in the leading certifications for bio-mechanics and motion health
Please note that some of these offerings might be temporarily suspended or adjusted due to COVID-19 and new policies and restrictions.
A KANSAS CITY INSTITUTION
Our humble beginnings go back to the early 1970s, when Woodside first opened as a racquet club. Woodside was considered a high-end tennis club which offered fine dining, competitive tennis, a small fitness room, banquet spaces and outdoor pools. The Club’s original founders and partners built Woodside with the vision of bringing a community of tennis players together and offering a social environment to spend their days.
Second-generation owner, Blair Tanner, resumed sole ownership of the organization a little over a decade ago and oversees it to this day. Being family-owned is an important part of Woodside’s history, and it’s our mission to create an environment catering to all manners of individuals and families alike.
Over the years, Woodside has transformed, both physically and in the offerings provided to our members. Although, one thing has remained the same: the strong desire to remain a pillar in the Kansas City community, offering our members the best experiences, products and services possible.
Today, we are a destination for fitness, health, wellness and socialization. We pride ourselves on giving our members the tools needed to live the happiest and healthiest lives possible – whatever that looks like to them. We are proud of the atmosphere we’ve built for our members and look forward to serving them for many more decades to come.
Years in Operation
Full and part-time employees
Whether you’re running to complete your first 5k, finish a half marathon or just want to feel good about your cardio and mental health, you can gain a lot of great benefits from adding running into your routine. However, there are a few misconceptions to be aware of...read more
Taking care of your skin can be very rewarding, but it can also be tough. With so many products out there that work for a multitude of skin concerns and types it might be hard to know what exactly you should be using to help with your specific needs. Looking at the...read more