Group fitness continues to serve our members with more than 100 classes included with membership each week, including intensive yoga workshops and meditation-based offerings, specialty classes and holiday fitness events. This year we also added:
- More high intensity classes like CSI and B.L.A.S.T.
- More 30-minute express classes and lunch hour offerings to accommodate busy schedules
Our career trainers completed more than 600 hours of continuing education. We revamped our Pilates Reformer training program, certifying four trainers to lead it with individual and small group offerings. We also:
- Expanded small group offerings by 100%
- Provided exclusive rehab and training to the Kansas City Chiefs Cheerleaders for the fourth year
- Promoted one new Lead Trainer, Kerstin Florman, and certified five new Ortho-Kinetics® Trainers
Many improvements have been made to facilities and equipment throughout the Club this year:
- New equipment upgrades included 38 new cardio machines, 18 free weight and strength training equipment and 14 bikes
- We relocated and expanded the Earthbar, built a new dining and grab ‘n go area for The Kitchen and added two new offices and a new bar area
Our on-site Naturopathic doctor, Dr. Amanda Chaney, continued to provide new members with a complimentary 30-minute office visit. Genetic Testing was added to our comprehensive health and wellness offerings.
Our annual member-appreciation event, Midsummer, had the highest attendance ever. We hosted two seasonal wellness retreats featuring our first sound-based meditation in collaboration with Quixotic.
FOOD + DRINK
The Woodside Kitchen & Bar was introduced to the renovated facilities with year-round seasonal offerings focused on whole nutrition, clean eating, convenience and quality. New local vendors include The Roasterie, Tea Market, Brewkery, Chelsea’s Bakehaus and Unbakery & Juicery. Other new items this year include:
- 6 Standards of Quality for all Kitchen items
- An expanded grab ‘n go menu
- Extended hours and daily breakfast offerings
Woodside Tennis welcomed new Director of Tennis, Dave Gary this year. The Southside courts were re-painted, we added Pickleball to our offerings and we continue to provide the best programming for every level of player.
- New nets, water coolers and stands, tennis balls, score card holders and a racquet string machine were added
- The Player Pass was added this December and will continue through March
The Spa provides members with essential therapeutic services, administered by caring professionals using only the highest grade oils and products available. In 2016, we introduced:
- Pre- and post-sports massage available on-site in the Studios for immediate preparation and recovery
- A new menu of services, including progressive therapies designed to address modern needs