THE WOODSIDE STANDARD
Introducing The Woodside Standard, our comprehensive response to creating not only a safe environment for our members but for our team of employees as well. Please CLICK HERE to read it in its entirety so you fully understand how to navigate the Club upon your return.
MAY 27, 2020
WOODSIDE WILL REOPEN ON JUNE 8
- Regular Hours of Operation – Monday – Friday, 5AM – 10PM and Saturday – Sunday, 7AM – 7PM
- Locker rooms including locker, restroom and shower usage
- Fitness Floor spaces open and available for use – equipment may be cordoned off and/or relocated in order to maintain proper physical distancing
- Main Studio Group Fitness, Cycle and Yoga classes – reservations will be required for all Group Fitness classes
- Personal Training will resume on the fitness floor and in the Basketball Court – it has been converted to a private space for Trainers to work 1:1 with clients.
- Pilates will resume in the Pilates Studio with proper physical distancing
- Junior & Adult Tennis play will resume both on indoor and outdoor courts, singles and doubles
- The Earthbar/Kitchen will be open for physically distanced dine-in, poolside service and continued curbside service
- The Outdoor Pools will be open for members of Woodside ages 16 and above – with physical distancing measures in place
MAY 15, 2020
WOODSIDE WILL REMAIN TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL JUNE
According to the state Reopening Kansas Plan, Woodside is allowed to open on May 18. While we are eager to reopen the Club, we also have a responsibility to our members and our employees to continue to monitor developments, review ongoing recommendations and properly finalize our best practices. We recognize that as a leader in health and wellness, it is Woodside’s responsibility to reopen cautiously given that stay at home orders have just been lifted and businesses are just now beginning to reopen. As a result, pending any additional adjustments from the Governor’s office, we are planning to start our phased reopening of Woodside in the beginning of June. Our early June reopening date will be based on further government guidance/restrictions, recommendations from local public health experts and information learned from our county just beginning to reopen.
We greatly appreciate your patience, understanding and support. We will follow up with another communication as reopening details are finalized.
MAY 2, 2020
WOODSIDE WILL REMAIN TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL AT LEAST MAY 18
Johnson County will follow the phases of Kansas Governor Laura Kelly’s Reopening Kansas plan . Fitness centers and gyms are classified in Phase Two of the plan and, as a result, Woodside will remain temporarily closed and will not be able to open before May 18. We greatly appreciate your understanding and we will continue to share more information as it becomes available.
APRIL 17, 2020
AN UPDATE FROM WOODSIDE MANAGEMENT
Thank you for your patience and support for Woodside as we continue to navigate through these challenging and unprecedented times. We have been closely tracking every new development related to COVID-19 and have been following the guidance of government authorities. As a result, in accordance with the latest stay-at-home order from the Kansas Governor’s Office, Woodside will remain temporarily closed through at least May 3. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow further recommendations of government authorities in the days to come. We will communicate any future updates related to reopening the Club as soon as they are determined.
As a reminder the Earthbar is open for curbside or carryout, Monday – Saturday from 9am – 3pm* (updated hours of operation starting Monday, April 20*).
Please continue to be safe, remain heathy and we look forward to welcoming you back to Woodside as quickly and safely as possible.
APRIL 8, 2020
MEMBER NOTICE: EARTHBAR AND GRAB-N-GO SERVICES RESUME FOR CARRYOUT AND CURBSIDE PICKUP
You can order your favorite smoothies, cold-pressed juices, or healthy bars, snacks and beverages in a safe and responsible manner. See the full menu here. We are also offering a consolidated Grab-n-Go food menu, including our most popular snacks, wraps, salads and entrees, brought to you from the Woodside Kitchen. Click here for the Kitchen Menu.
To place an order, call the Club at 913.831.0034 and press 1. You’ll be connected to the Earthbar where you can either place an order for curbside or come in and pick it up. You are welcome to come in and shop our selection, however, we appreciate your cooperation in advance while we strictly enforce current distancing protocols. You can place your order anytime Monday – Saturday from 8AM to 2PM.
We understand that safety cleanliness is of utmost importance at this time, we have implemented the following additional steps with our service:
- We have kept our staff to a minimum as we enter this new form of service, and have reiterated with all, our recommendations for health and safety to ensure that they are well-versed in and adherent to the best practices.
- All staff and chefs wear facial guards and gloves, and they are required to sanitize and/or wash their hands each time they change gloves.
- We have added extra sanitization processes during shifts as well as during closing procedures.
- We are stapling shut our to-go bags for each delivery order, and our boxes, as always, are sealed with stickers.
- We have introduced curbside pickup, so guests do not have to come into the Club.
- If you enter the Club, we have visible markings to follow a direct, one-way traffic in and out of the Earthbar and to keep in line with distancing protocols.
We have devised a contactless way* to give you your food in order to maintain social distance.
* Here’s how our contactless system works: After each order is completed by our staff, the sealed bag is placed on its own table in our dining area, where it awaits pick-up. When a guest arrives to retrieve the order, we direct them to the table with their bag(s). Once the order is picked up, the table and surrounding area are sanitized and prepared for the next order.
APRIL 6, 2020
MEMBER UPDATE FROM BLAIR TANNER
Thank you for your membership and loyalty to the Club thus far and for your ongoing support during these unprecedented times. Our team is working tirelessly to mitigate the damages from suspending operations so abruptly and we are completely focused on putting the Club in the best position to reopen as soon as possible when governmental guidelines and public safety allows. During this interim period, we are also working to offer experiences and resources in response to the current circumstances.
- The Earthbar & Grab N’ Go options will be open for curbside and carryout starting at 8AM on Thursday, April 9. More details and information to follow.
- We understand that weight equipment is currently very difficult to find. We will be offering an opportunity to reserve a Body Pump equipment kit (bench, bar, weights) to utilize for at home workouts during this time. If you are interested and want to reserve a kit, please email Director of Group Fitness, Christian Noni. (UPDATE: All kits have been currently been reserved but you may still add yourself to the waitlist).
- Beginning next week, we will send a weekly Wellness Check email with a series of articles and videos from our experts in health, fitness, nutrition and regeneration on ways to say active and de-stressed.
As we previously shared, your membership has been on freeze since we closed, and your membership will remain on freeze until we reopen. I would like to personally thank those members who have chosen to unfreeze their memberships in an effort to help assist impacted employees and help maintain critical operations.
I care deeply about the Woodside family of Members and Employees and look forward to the day we can start serving our community again. While the future is uncertain, my commitment to Woodside is unwavering.
President & CEO
MARCH 23, 2020
MEMBER NOTICE: IMPORTANT UPDATE
As result of the recent Johnson County Health Officer Emergency Order, Woodside will remain temporarily closed until at least Friday, April 24. As such, all membership accounts are effectively frozen (no action required), and you will not be billed for dues until we reopen. However, you will be billed for your on account charges on April 10 for all items/services charged from March 1 – March 17.
Many of you have asked how you can help in this period of such uncertainty. If you would like to help us support impacted employees and help maintain critical operations, we are providing you with a way to unfreeze your membership moving forward. If you opt to unfreeze your membership you will be charged your regular monthly membership fee while we are closed. For those of you who can and want to help by opting out of your freeze click here and include your full name and address in the body of the email. We will then confirm your unfreeze via email.
MARCH 17, 2020
MEMBER NOTICE: WOODSIDE IS CLOSED
Thank you for your patience and support for Woodside as we have worked to navigate through these challenging and unprecedented times. We have been closely tracking every new development related to COVID-19 and have been following the guidance of government authorities. Many of our members have been asking us to stay open as a way to keep focusing on their health and fitness routine and as an outlet to manage stress and anxiety in these trying times. However, in accordance with the latest advisements, Woodside will close effective at 10PM this evening, March 17 and will remain closed until Wednesday, April 1. You will receive a pro-rated credit on your Woodside account for the 14 days that the Club will be closed.
We will continue to monitor the situation and follow further recommendations of government authorities in the days to come. In the meantime, will we will stay connected with our Woodside family by providing updates and relevant content for the duration of the closure.